Friday, September 3, 2010

Why I've been MIA :)

Hi Everyone!

Here's the reason I've not been blogging much lately. I'm pregnant!

I fell pregnant in June, and my first trimester had me lose ALL my naturally abundant energy - I'm normally a get outta bed at the crack 'o dawn kinda gal - but I was barely able to get out of bed before 10am!!!! Ouch!

Luckily now I'm in my 14th week (yay! all is going wonderfully!) my energy has started coming back, so I've been busy starting to make stockpiles in preparation for having time off after the birth. I'm aiming to have an extra couple of thousand bars on hand so I can spend the first month 100% with our new bub - wish me luck!

Our baby is due on my birthday, the 9th March, 2011 :)

After having a miscarriage at 6 weeks last April, this little one is extra precious to us, and we are thrilled that so far everything is going perfectly *super big smile*

I hope you are all travelling well, and that everyone has a wonderful weekend!


11 comments:

Soaps and Bubbles said...

Wow congratulations :D thats fantastic.
I wish you a lot of luck with the pregnancy. Rest well , eat well...really great news.
All the best of luck to you.

Topcat said...

Wonderful news Kathy - I am so glad for you both! Enjoy the journey :)

Chris Fenwick said...

Congratulations & good health Kathy, I wish you all the very best with this pregnancy, your little peanut will be PERFECT!!! just wait n see. I hope you both enjoy the whole experience.
Hugs
Chris

Teresa said...

Congratulations!!!
I did not know that you were a fish-face too!! :>). My birthday is March 12, Kathy! If the baby arrives anywhere around our birthdays, that child will be a sweetie!
Take good care!

Jennifer Young said...

Congratulations Kathy. Enjoy pregnancy. It was surprisingly one of the most memorable and special times in my life.... I was a starving Masters student living in a 1 room apartment.... but I used to read fairy tales to my belly each night before I went to sleep and loved showing off my growing belly at my weekly pregnant aquafit class. Have never been able to get pregnant since... so we only have 1 precious girl. Enjoy!! You lucky think you!! xo Jen

Lavarie - Seifen und anderer Wahn said...

These are wonderful news! Congratulations and all my best whishes to you :-)

Ambra said...

Congratulations! I managed to do the "grow your own girlfriend" thing just over 20 years ago. It's amazing! You've done step one, the next step is to have a girl. Then you wait about 20 years and: Hey presto! You have a girlfriend for the rest of your life. I imagine this would work similarly for a boy, although I can't speak from experience :)
But I was also soooo tired for the first 3 months. Felt fantastic after that. Best to you :)

Kathy@Beguile said...

Awww thanks everyone! Ambra I love that concept haha! I definately want a little soap helper :)

Cocobong Soaps said...

gosh..it pays to look around once in awhile. here I was thinking your blog had gone dead and so i just slipped away from it. congratulations, kathy! i hope all goes well!

Kathy@Beguile said...

Haha Julia - I know! I've been feeling so bad that I'd been doing more on facebook than my blog, so have made myself a little "to-do" list!

Thanks for the congrats :)

The Balm said...

I'm a little late in saying congratulations! Happy news :)